RATING: 2 Stars
Diabetes Log is a basic app that allows the user to easily track glucose readings, carbohydrate intake and insulin dosage by date.
- Provides an electronic logbook to track glucose, carbohydrate intake and insulin
- Allows user to email food, medication and blood glucose records to his or her registered dietitian or doctor
- This app is basic in appearance: the equivalent of a piece of notebook paper displayed on screen.
- This app would be more useful if it included data tracking tools to easily allow for trend spotting and comparisons.
- It might also be helpful to include diabetes medications beyond insulin as both impact blood sugar levels.
The Diabetes Log app would be most useful for insulin users seeking a no-frills approach to logging glucose, carbohydrate and insulin intake. However, it is so basic that it lacks some of the features you’d expect to find in an app in today’s technology-rich world.
—Marisa Moore, MBA, RD, LD